Submitted by Karol Ballard
- 1¼ cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut milk or regular milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup, plus 1 tablespoon E. Waldo Ward Lime Marmalade, melted, divided
- 1 1/2 cups E. Waldo Ward Lime Marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Toast the coconut by placing in a baking pan, at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, watching carefully and stirring a few times to prevent burning.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl beat the egg with a fork, stir in the coconut milk and melted butter. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir just until moist; batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spoon ½ of the E. Waldo Ward Lime Marmalade (reserving 1 tablespoon for the top of the bread) onto center of the batter, repeat with the other third of the batter, followed by the remaining ½ of the E. Waldo Ward Lime Marmalade, top with the remaining third of the batter. Take a thin metal spatula or knife and run it thru the batter lengthwise, swirling back and forth to create a flavor swirl of E. Waldo Ward Lime Marmalade in the bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until loaf springs back at touch. Do not over bake. Prior to serving, melt the remaining tablespoon of marmalade and spread on the top of the loaf, followed by the remaining toasted coconut. Slice and serve.
Makes 1 loaf