"Try these cookies with any of your favorite flavor preserves!"
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup any flavor E. Waldo Ward Jam or Preserves
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour slowly until well blended. Shape into a ball and chill overnight or for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll dough out 1/8 inch thick on a floured pastry board. Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares and place 1/2 tsp (approx) of jam or preserves. Overlap opposite corners and pinch together. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar.
Makes 2 - 2 1/2 dozen