Submitted by: E. Waldo Ward staff
" A great afternoon treat with your cup of tea."
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup E. Waldo Ward Seedless Black Raspberry Preserves
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, soda, and salt. Stir and make a well in the center.
- Pour the melted butter, milk, and vinegar into the well. Stir until all ingredients are moist.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tin and spoon a full tablespoon of batter into each liner.
- Place 1 teaspoon of preserves on top of the batter. Cover with an additional tablespoon of batter, sealing the preserves into the center.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let cool on rack.
Makes 12 cupcakes